What is a UTC?
- University Technical Colleges (UTCs) are government-funded schools which enroll students aged 13-19 years old.
- UTCs teach a specialist curriculum that includes GCSEs, BTECs, A-Levels & T Levels.
- UTCs prepare students for the world of work and the jobs of tomorrow, by partnering with businesses, universities and industry bodies to offer a unique educational experience.
- UTCs provide opportunities to specialise in subject areas – in our case, engineering and design.
- UTCs teach practical and highly technical skills with industry standard equipment and informed by professionals.
- UTC students graduate with GCSEs, BTECs, A-Levels and a portfolio of practical experience which will give them a competitive edge when applying for an apprenticeship or to a university.